(Alchemy and Alchemy Mastering shall be taken to mean Mastering Limited)
- The Client accepts that they own all correct rights and licences to copy, reproduce, replicate, duplicate and manufacture all audio and materials supplied to Alchemy Mastering to work on. Alchemy Mastering accepts no responsibility for any costs incurred where this is not the case.
- The Client warrants that nothing whatever shall be included in the Recording (or any software introduced by the Client) which constitutes a breach or infringement of any copyright or which shall be in any way illegal, scandalous, obscene or libellous and the Client will indemnify Alchemy Mastering against any liability in respect thereof and shall pay all costs and expenses which may be incurred by Alchemy in reference to any such claim. The indemnity shall extend to any amount paid on a lawyer's advice in respect of any such claim.
- Alchemy Mastering shall not be required to reproduce any matter which in its opinion is or may be of an illegal, scandalous, obscene or libellous nature.
- Alchemy Mastering will provide one set of amendments to existing digital material free of charge, once the client has reviewed the mastering work that has been performed. Subsequent amendments may incur additional charges.
Where a new mix is supplied by the client, to replace a mix that has already been mastered, Alchemy Mastering reserves the right to view this as a new job and to charge for additional work accordingly.
All additional work requested after approval has been given will be viewed as a new job and may be charged accordingly.
- The Price Per Track for mastering covers a single Song, Track or Recording up to 15 minutes in duration. Where the duration exceeds this the Price Per Track will be double the rate card rate.
- It is the Client’s responsibility to check all work provided by Alchemy Mastering, and to approve prior to manufacture, replication, duplication or distribution. Should the client choose not to request the appropriate product in order to carry out reasonable quality control checks (for example, but not exclusively, because of cost or time constraints) Alchemy does not accept any responsibility for defects in the finished product.
- The Client accepts all responsibility for approving audio and metadata content of all masters supplied by Alchemy Mastering, prior to manufacture, replication, duplication or distribution.
- With regards to vinyl manufacture Alchemy Mastering will only accept responsibility for costs incurred up to the test pressing stage. If a client chooses to forgo the test pressing stage it is undertaken at their own risk and Alchemy Mastering will only accept responsibility in this instance up to lacquer stage.
- Where a locked groove has been requested by the Client, the Client accepts all responsibility for all costs incurred where any recut may be required because of the locked groove, regardless of the reason that the recut is required.
- Lacquers must be processed within 30 days of cutting, otherwise they may suffer from a deterioration in sound quality. Alchemy mastering cannot accept responsibility for lacquers (or the subsequent metalwork and pressings) which have been processed outside this 30 day period.
- Where the Client requests Alchemy Mastering to audition test pressings or digital masters prior to manufacture, it remains the responsibility of the Client to decide whether to proceed and the client must accept responsibility for all costs relating to that manufacturing.
- In the event of a possible pressing problem Alchemy Mastering will require an unplayed test pressing to check.
Alchemy will only concede that a test pressing jumps if it is found to jump on any one of our 3 QC test turntables (these are 3 different commercially available domestic systems which are calibrated to the manufacturers published specifications). If the record does not jump on any of these 3 decks Alchemy will conclude that the record does not jump. The client can request to be present at these tests, or audio or video recordings can be requested to verify the findings. Details of the Alchemy test turntables are available on request.
- Where Alchemy agree to reimburse the Client for any costs incurred, this will be by way of a credit note.
- Alchemy Mastering accept no responsibility for goods or materials damaged in transit where the Client has arranged their own courier collection / delivery. Where Alchemy has been requested to arrange courier collection / delivery, any liability, or recompense shall lay with the courier company.
- The Client accepts responsibility for the safe storage and archiving of all master and source materials once a project has been approved and masters have been delivered. Alchemy Mastering does not provide an archival service. However, on request Alchemy will carry out a search of the servers for which a fee may be payable.
- It is a condition of this Agreement that all Client's Recordings shall have been copied by the Client before delivery to Alchemy, and that Alchemy’s liability for loss of or damage to a Client's Recording shall be limited to the value of the media on which it is recorded.
- Bookings cancelled with less than 24 hours’ notice may result in the Client being charged the full rate card rate for the session.
- The Client shall procure that neither the Client nor any of the Client's Personnel shall be held out as an agent of or pledge the credit of Alchemy Mastering.
- No variation or amendment to this Agreement shall be effective unless made in writing and signed by the parties hereto.
- In the event that any part of this Agreement shall be held to be void, voidable or otherwise unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction then the balance thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
- This agreement shall be construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
- Alchemy Mastering (Alchemy) is the trading name of Mastering Ltd. - Registered Company # 07811453 Vat # 127 8855 75